Save On Your Homeowners Insurance With Our Safety Tips For When You Travel
Home break-in’s can run rampant in the summer time especially during the day. Often the thieves are kids out of school on Summer vacation and don’t have much supervision. If you are traveling this Summer here are some quick tips to help protect your home and safeguard you from making a homeowners insurance claim:
1) Don’t post on social networks when you are leaving or when you are returning….and don’t post photos of you while on vacation, post when you return
2) Purchase bandit bars for sliding glass doors – these are adhesive and stick to the glass so an intruder cannot pry open the doors
3) Purchase a door bar – this bar fits under the doorknob on the inside of your door. Burglars will be unable to kick in your door
4) Motion sensor lights – have these on and make sure they work; replace any broken pieces to them
5) Don’t park vehicles near your house that they can block windows or sliding doors – park your vehicles and trailers away from your home so the house is totally in view
6) Stop your mail – an obvious one but usually forgotten
7) Place “beware of dog” signs around your property – it works!
We hope your home is secure this Summer while you travel. If you need help in reviewing your homeowners insurance policy please give us a call. We offer free home insurance reviews at any of our three locations. Call us today for help!