Warm Weather Means Boating Season
• You should always check you’re to make sure your safety equipment is your boat. This includes but is not limited to a fire extinguisher, a whistle, and make sure everyone that is going to be in the boat has a life vest available in case of an emergency. You should also make sure your have ropes and anchors because the ropes can brittle and break after use for a few season
• Make sure your registration is up to date and not expired. Having an expired registration on the water could cost you a hefty fine. Also, make certain the registration sticker is on the boat.
• You should always make sure your boat has a plug and know exactly where the plug drain is located.
• The mechanics on your boat should always be checked. Replace all cracked belts and hoses that you know are not going to make it through the boating season. Check all electrical systems; turn on and test everything including battery terminal which sometimes get corroded. Also give the hull a look over to make sure there are not any spots which could leak water inside.
• The status of your boat trailer is very important also. Make sure your tires are aired up properly; and test your lights seeing if you have brake lights, turning signals, and running lights.
Using this list will ensure your families safety over this boating season. Enjoy your time on the water and be safe.